The system is made up of the following components:
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Request Brochure
- SYNC BOARD, sending synchronization signal to a scanner receiver
- Train Antennas
- Software module with PESQ algorithm, evaluating the quality of voice signal
- Voice response module
- Digital acquisition board, necessary to manage the synchronization pulses
- Scanner RF receivers
- Mobile stations, acquiring the layer 3 messages and the related parameter
- Acquisition and elaboration unit AUPU.
|Definition of GSM-R: Global Standard for Mobile Communications Rail
|In 1993, the worldwide organization of railway cooperation (UIC, Union Internationale des Chemins de fer) decided on a new system of railway communication. The decision was made to not to use TETRA for this task but to use a slightly modified GSM 900 technology. 32 railway operators from 24 European countries agreed in the EIRENE (European Integrated Railway radio Enhanced NEtwork) MoU to roll out GSM-R (-R stands for Railway) networks. GSM-R was finally specified 1999 by ETSI and in 2000 by EIRENE.